Friday, July 17, 2009

Family Portrait

"How many people are in the house, ma'am?"

"6."

"No, 7."

"6."

"7!"

The Dreaded Oh Good Inquisitor.

Better than a frat house, because no frat guys live in it. You'll never find a sideways hat here, unless it's tipped on Kyle's drunk, passed out head. We have O-Weens that end in sticky floors and trips to the recycling center. Although four people actually live there, at any given time, you can find an additional three or more guests. The place where two cats are just as much work as one cat. Pass by in the evening, you can find us sitting on the front porch, admiring our museum, drinking Natty Light, smoking cigarettes, listening to old records, and enjoying each others company.

Walkin' down the streets in Highland Park, never thought you'd be scared of the dark...

The Pirate house is my family, and for the first time, in a long time, everything feels...right.

Kyle, Eddie and Sara actually pay rent, the rest of the deck hands help provide endless hours of gut busting laughter and insightful advice. We are a full crew of scalawags and swashbuckling adventure seekers. And I wouldn't have it any other way.




Welcome aboard: Elizabeth, if you need something you can't find, don't worry, it'll ch-ow you.




You can be assured when I hear the swing back of the screen door I rush upstairs to see Elizabeth and say, "YAY!" Yeah, I pretty much adore her. A perfect compliment to my roommate Kyle, Elizabeth is radtastical. She's fun, loves awesome music, is in a great band, and she likes me (a quality I enjoy in most people). And let's be honest here, if you can help bathe Captain Pee Pee Pants after a long weekend of drinking and not sleeping, you're pretty much my hero. I've got to stop talking about Elizabeth, it sounds like I have a crush on her. But, yeah, she's great.




Oh Pete: You old salty dog. I know something is actually funny when you're laughing at it. Thanks for being my funny-meter.



No one is more suited for my best friend and sister like Pete. They very clearly drive each other crazy, and at the end of the day support and care for one another completely. Pete is a great guy, and the fact that he puts up with Sara and Sara 2's bullshit on a day to day basis, is pretty amazing. He genuinely cares about all of us and knows how to have a good time. Pete also makes a killer margarita in his magic bullet. Even though The Politicians have broken up a million times, they're still great bowlers and musicians, and I'm grateful to Punk Rock Bowling for bringing us all together. He makes Sara happy, and that makes me happy. Pete, I think you're pretty awesome.

Other crew members include, but not limited to:

Raul: Master of Disguise, Keeper of the Lightsabers (for the wii), Excellent Bowler, Wearer of Jeans, Born Again Rock Star. And my friend.

Merryn: Maker of Videos, Allergic to Shellfish, Eater of imitation Crab, Lover of Cake. Overall Great Person.


More matties to come.


No comments: